Saturday, May 2, 2015

Addilyn is GOLDEN

What to say about this beautiful girl? I thought I'd post about her now since I probably won't on her birthday (which is Monday). This is her golden year- 4 years old on May 4th. Too bad she can't look forward to it like I could (23/23rd).

The above picture was taken on April 25, (uncle Aaron's wedding), and what was her original due date 4 years prior. I can't give you stats since her apt's at the end of the month- but I can give you some things I love about this girl.

This girl has a sweet and soft side. She is so tender towards her brother (when she wants to be). For example- Levi got an "owie" and needed a bandaid. All I did was get the bandaid for her and she sat him on the end of her bed, cleaned his owie with a tissue, and put the bandaid on. All the while telling him "it's okay Levi. It will be all better. oooooh owie. Yes, I know. It will be better. It's okay Levi." and gently stroking his hair. So much love.

Addilyn is an entertainer. She may not be to anyone outside the family- but she is. You've seen videos I've posted on Instagram of her "showtimes". She gets her step stool, whatever works for a microphone, and sings her heart out. Her songs have progressed from made up but to a familiar tune to songs from her favorite princess  movies. She still likes to throw in her own words and what not, but she belts it out no matter what. Addilyn dresses up in her princess dresses (the same dress works for like 5+ princesses so you have to ask her which one she is) and dances.

I know this is the age when kids start to really use their imagination. I can't tell you how cute it is watching her use hers. She mostly likes to reenact scenes from princess movies. In fact, she will reenact the entire movie if you let her. She loves the scenes from Sleeping Beauty when Aurora pricks her finger, faints, then Prince Philip (Levi) fights a dragon (me or the dog depending), and then has to kiss her awake. Another is when Cinderella loses her slipper and she runs off down the hall and you have to call out to her- then try the slipper on her foot. She loves to sing the song from Sleeping Beauty (I Know You) and dance with Levi. Thankfully he is a very willing participant 99% of the time. Typically when reenacting Frozen we have to do the whole movie via the songs- and I'm the one singing them. We trade who is who for when it is convenient (like the end of the movie when there are more than 3-4 characters involved...because there's only me, Addi, Levi, and yes....Lily the dog has a part too).

Addilyn is a helper. After changing a diaper she's my "trash man". Yesterday she even gathered mine and Levi's dishes with hers after lunch and put them in the sink. Of course there are days where she'd rather not be a helper- but the ones when she is, I love it. It's especially convenient now when I can't do a whole lot due to my rather large size. She helps me help Levi. She's a cheerleader and encourages him to help too. When doing chores she's typically right there wanting help. It's awesome. She even has taken over feeding Lily.

There are a few things we are trying to work on with Addilyn of course too. Like how she is really shy with people. We are trying to refrain from saying "oh, she's shy..." because she has been starting to identify with it. I believe she gets overwhelmed really easily and starts to shut down. It's sad because I know that she's really not! Either she responds by crying or having a loud scream/outburst. Overall though I've seen her improve and she is starting to adjust a bit better in situations.

Can I just say how stinking beautiful she is? I mean, I know she's my offspring and all- but man. She is quite the looker. I don't think I could have asked for a better daughter for me. I know from many experiences that the children you have God gave them to YOU. Meaning the trials and joys that I have with Addilyn are meant for me. I couldn't handle some other kids I know as my own- they would drive me to the wall. But Addilyn tests me enough that I can still keep my sanity and love her. Man do I love her.

Here are some links in our blog about Addilyn in the past 4 years if you feel like reminiscing with me...
Addilyn's 3
Growing up
a funny video at the end
Typical Addi
Pictures
Addilyn an only child
First birthday
and of course....her first month of posts
And if you missed how we announced we were pregnant.... 

No comments: