Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Life in pictures

Levi in the morning, by himself for once.
Lovin on her brother
I for sure lucked out with the transition from one baby to two. Addilyn has never shown serious signs of resentment, jealously, or acted out in any way. She has always loved on her brother. She has her moments...which is usually when I'm feeding Levi and she is in desperate need of attention.
Her silly face she learned from a book
Doing laundry can be tricky with wee ones. A lot of times it is still in the basket. I do credit myself that when it is in the basket, it's folded. :) However this picture below is not a good example.

Addilyn decided to empty her room into our front room.



Addilyn's hair is so so long. Before bed she was distracted with reading her books and let me braid her hair. The right side is not as good because she kept looking at her dad. But I was pretty proud of myself! This picture went on facebook so it's probably pretty familiar to most. 
 This last Saturday Scott had to work. He had to run a test for a program. We were able to watch it too! Here is Addi in the break room getting ready to watch it. It was pretty neat to see Scott in action.

 Our Sunday family walk. Addilyn has been loving making her silly face. She makes it and then asks for a picture. She does the same thing when she has her shoes on. AKA my new heels I bought. She puts them on and then poses and walks around in them. She's actually pretty good. Those pictures are at the bottom of this post.

Since Scott has been testing, he's been having to get in at 7am. This makes it super inconvenient for us to take the car if we want it. Monday morning we were out. Since nothing opens until at earliest 8am, we went to one of my favorite places here, Reynolda Village. The gardens there are so beautiful. And free. Which I also like.

My heart melts.

Goodwill opens at 8. We were there. In the shoe isle my eye was captured by some shoes. I turned around and this is what I found. I tell you. This girl, loves her shoes. Especially heels. But what little girl doesn't?


At home with my new heels

Making a decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body - Elizabeth Stone
Oh the last days of summer. We have loved going to the pool this summer. They close Labor Day and with the weather we have been having, this might have been our last trip. The water was freezing because it's been getting so cold at night. But here are some pictures of Addi eating her watermelon. I know, she is the most documented child you'll ever know. She is just so darn cute.




How Levi enjoys the pool

In mommies new heels


No comments: