Monday, September 9, 2013

The last of summer

Car tracks with masking tape
SMOOCH
Addilyn loves to play outside. Her relationship with Cabo is love/hate. She demands his presence, but while he's there, she is mad at everything he does. (like smell her, or he accidentally walks on her paper, or he is there...) Thankfully Addi does really well now being outside with out me. I can see her from the kitchen window and hear her when it's cracked. It's a nice alternative from having netflix on while I do dinner.
Hey, we still have Cabo!
 The last of the Dash. Well, for this season. We usually sit in the box seats from Scott's work. But this game we had seats next to the grass. We opted to sit in the grass until we were sick of it and needed to sit in chairs. I really liked it except for I really had to pay attention for fly balls! Addilyn had a blast too. Levi was a piece of cake.
with her glove

Scott trying to get a tshirt

note where Levi is :)

Co-worker Steve and his daughter
The rest of the game, and I mean the rest, we sat in our chairs on the 3rd base line. We stayed even through the fireworks. By the bottom of the 7th Addi was asking to go home. Poor girl. But I was too. We were all so tired. And we lost by 2. But up until those last runs it was a pretty good game.
Steve's son is also 2
The next morning we dropped Addi and Levi at our friends house. Scott and I went on a bike ride to Salem Lake. We ended up going 16.5 miles. Ouch. The start of the trail is only about 2 miles from our house. It's mostly shaded and a beautiful ride. We are excited to take Addi and Levi next time in our bike trailer. 

I was actually going pretty fast for that one arm/leg picture...

Sometimes you've just gotta make cookies
Labor day morning


 Well, we made it to the pool for one last time. Labor Day. It's the day when they close, and we were there. It was nice because Scott could come for the first time too!
Addilyn has started a co-op playgroup/preschool thing. It's more like an organized playgroup. We are trying to do a short lesson about whatever (last week was on animals) and do activities/crafts that relate to it. The rest of the time is snack and play time. There's 5 of them total. Addi loved it so much she cried when she left and told me all about it in the car. My girl is getting so big!
Addi climbs up on the table and says "picture?!"
Reading books to her brother. He hates being on his stomach (like most babies) so these are rare pictures. Go ahead, ooo and ahh.
On another note. I've been pretty lucky with both Addi and Levi when it comes to my diet and nursing. I've never had to lay off my chocolate or milk. Well. With Levi I vow to never ever eat beans. Oh heavens. I made these yummy black bean burgers Saturday and all day Sunday you would think we were pinching him all day. He was a mess. I felt so bad for him. I was exhausted from holding him and trying to console him all day. Oy. But those burgers were so good...
Time flies when you have kids. The 13th Levi will be 4 months. Whaaaat?! He is grabbing things, rolling over (whenever I put him on the floor which is like never. It's more out of safety from his sister), loves twirling and looking at the gadgets in his excer-saucer, and smiles all the time. And it's no longer only when he's gassy! He squeels. He loves watching his sister. And she loves making him smile and laugh. Usually the trick is for her to jump up and down. Gets him everytime. 
Cute shoes from grandpa and nana Jadwin
This picture is for the Kirkham's. It's honey. And it's about to be saran wrapped for over night incubation. Scott has mersa in his elbow. I know, what is mersa? Why and how is it in his elbow? Right. When Scott gets sick it's never normal stuff. So he had been touching his elbow a lot and cause the skin to break out in bumps. We did the honey trick. (wink wink Paulette) Unfortunately Scott couldn't stand it during the night (we had put an ace bandage around it too) and came downstairs to take it off. But I am confident that it would have fixed these little bumps.

To add to the home remedy theme... I recently made laundry soap and orange/vinegar spray. I had to peel what seemed like a gazzillion oranges, which I hate peeling, and put the rines in an empty pickle jar, filled with white vinegar, and marinated for 2 weeks. Then I poured it in a spray bottle 50/50 to water. I no longer have stinky vinegar spray! As for the laundry soap. I love it. I only put 1 TB for an entire load. One large mason jar is approx 128 loads and cost about $0.013 for each load. The link is here for what I did.

No comments: