Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall

Geesh. You'd think I'd be awesome at blogging since I'm a stay-at-home mom right? Wrong! It is definitely a full time job and I know I'm not the fist to tell you that. I'm quickly trying to blog while Levi naps (for who knows how long) and Addilyn is content playing with her cars by herself.
"I'm a Vet" hospital
I sure love these free activities. Especially the one they do at the Children's Museum. Levi slept half the time which was awesome. And when I fed him, my friend Nancy was nearby so she could keep an eye out on Addilyn as she ran around.








Scott had the 12-13 year old boys over for a campout a few weekends ago. They came over Friday night and stayed until we took them to church on Sunday. They had a good time and made some awesome dutch oven. They left the house in decent condition which is all I cared about :)


A rare moment where Levi was happy on his belly.
 While the boys were here we took another one of our many walks. Addi and Levi sure love each other.


Addilyn set up Levi's props and was happy to take his picture. She loves getting pictures taken and taking them. But I'll let you know how that really is come time for our family pictures. :)
Lately I've been seeing a huge change in how Addilyn is with being a big sister. She has always been really helpful. But she's been especially helpful to herself. The other day I didn't really have to do anything when it came to putting her down for her nap. She did it all by herself. Addi got her night-night book and climbed in. All I had to do was sing a few songs and called it good. Unfortunately she's got a nasty cough right now. Poor thing.
We started a co-op playgroup/preschool. We're not sure what to call it. It's not quite preschool because they are too little and we are not structured enough. But it;s not just straight up playgroup because we are doing some activities and brief lessons. This was the 4th week of doing it, and my turn to host. From 9:30-12 




 I themed my playgroup "Ocean". We looked at pictures of different ocean animals, we acted some of them out (like a crab or a manta ray), we colored pictures of ocean animals, we went "fishing"...And my favorite was the bath toys. We have some ocean animal bath toys that I brought down in a clear shoebox sized storage bin with some water in it. They were all so fascinated and it was as though they were the real animals.  It was darling. When we went outside we drew with chalk an underwater scene. Two year olds can be quite fun. I honestly couldn't have done it without my friend Chelsea. It was awesome having her here so that when I needed to be with Levi she was there.



They are all admiring a caterpillar. I picked it up when I spotted it on the driveway. It was too cute having them all be so fascinated by it! Only one of them actually let it go on their hand. Another when attempted, but it tickled too much. Addilyn wanted to hold it, but she kept psyching herself out last minute.
And by the way, I started this blog post Friday I think? Maybe it was Thursday. And it is now Sunday night.

No comments: