Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ward campout

Friday the 20th we had a ward campout. Scott took the day off and we headed out there about 10am. The campsite was only an hour away on a reservoir. We of course went geocaching. And I of course found it :) Addilyn loves finding and opening caches. We always bring something to trade and she is very willing to take it all. But we of course keep it to one. The name of this cache had dragonfly in it, and there were a bunch of toy dragonflies. There are actually several more pictures that I have, but for whatever reason they didn't upload. And for my times sake they aren't going up.
We headed to our campsite and set up. While the babes and I attempted to nap in the tent (note, attempted) Scott went out to find his first 5/5 geo cache. AKA the hardest ratings- 5 for terrain and 5 for difficulty finding. He has pictures, but you wouldn't know what you were looking at. But he did find it and thought it was really fun.
 For dinner we made dutch oven for ourselves. It was delish. That night we did dutch oven cobbler for the whole ward. Addi had so much fun playing with her friends. I ended up putting my headlamp around her waist so that 1) she could see and 2) I could see her. It worked wonderfully. Addilyn was filthy as you can see in that picture. People would look at her and then look at my sympathetically. Well, her and Scott both took showers that night. Unfortunately we didn't plan that we would take one and we didn't bring any towels. But we did have a bunch of hand towels in our camping bin... Also that night we had some campfire singing. I was amazed at how awesome Addi was since she didn't nap. We didn't get to bed until about 11. Scott and the scouts participated in a flag retirement ceremony. And for those who don't know, you have to wait until the ashes are cool so you can burry them. That took fooooooreeeevvvvverrrrrr. As a side note, Levi did great the entire time. Like most babies, he loved being outside.
 During the night Addi woke up at 4AM saying she needed to poop. Yaa.... to start the night off, Addi was next to Scott and Levi was next to me. We had a hard time sleeping because we didn't bring the air mattress. That was on purpose sadly. We figured it would be really awkward to try and all sleep on it in our tent together. So we sacrificed and slept on the ground. ehh. Well, I slept on cushions and Scott forgot his roll up air mat. But don't worry, it was still really bad for me. So after this whole, "I have to poo" incident, Addi wanted to sleep next to me. So she was in between us. Then in the wee morning hours I had to feed Levi on that side and when I was done feeding them, this is how they were. Sooooooooo adorable. For a moment they both had their arms above their heads, but I was too slow at getting my camera for it. After we left the campout, Scott wanted to go back to the cache he was trying to find (ya, he found it the day before but didn't realize it and had to go back to get it). While we were there there was a pow wow going on. It was pretty neat. I really like the guys doing their chants and banging on their drums. Cool.
When we were planning our food for the trip, I decided that for lunch on Saturday we were going to go to this creamery I'd found. The ice cream was really the best part about it. The food- not so much. Oh, but that ice cream...

No comments: