Thursday, May 28, 2015

Home Stretch

Something I really admire about Scott is his willingness and patience to teach our kids. Here he is giving Addilyn an opportunity to mow the lawn and then showing Levi how to scoop poop. ;) In reality he's thinking he's just training them how to take over his jobs...but they love the experience and helping daddy out.

The Saturday before my due date Scott and I went on a date. We had bought babysitting time at a church auction and put it to good use. We went out for Italian and it was wonderful. Following our lunch date we went to see the latest Avengers movie. We had a really nice and relaxing time. 

An attempt at spicy food to get things going
last shopping trip
On my actual due date (photo courtesy of Addilyn) we did a few different things. In the morning I had a Dr apt and so Addi and Levi went to our friends house for it. At my apt. he checked me at being about 4cm. He claimed this one wasn't going to be nearly as big as my other two... bah! After my apt Scott needed Levi to come in and do a seat belt check. It was his first one since he's officially 2! 


 Thursday morning Addilyn had her last day of our co-op preschool and Levi had his 2 year check. (stats will be posted later). Then Friday we didn't have any plans so we went to SciWorks near Scott's work. He came over for lunchtime with his coworker Dave and his Stingray. Dave took me for a ride in hopes he could get my labor going...didn't work. But it was still fun!

Friday night the Western's came up from Atlanta for the Memorial Day weekend. We had a blast! The cousins were crazy together and no one got very much sleep. The girls all stayed in Addilyn's room and the boys shared Levi's.
Addi and Eila
cereal breakfast!
Saturday we went back to SciWorks and played. We did the outside zoo portion and about 80% of the inside of the museum until it was nap time!


When we got home Scott set up our smoker and prepped the salmon...oh it was delicious. The kids napped for what seemed forever. They played outside and we ate outside. It was such a beautiful weekend.

(out of order, but at the museum & last documented photo of me pregnant)
Sunday we had church at 11. I was NOT looking forward to going to church. I did not want people to talk to me about being pregnant still and blah blah blah. But it was in fact not that bad. Those who did talk to me were so sympathetic and were rooting for me. I was expecting the worst and it didn't happen. After dinner the kids ate ice cream cones...
cheers!



Cheers!
Sunday night we did all kinds of crazy things to get me to go into labor. I was doing lunges, these funny monkey squats, squats, eating pineapple and spicy jalapeno jam, rubbing my belly, pushing pressure points...it was quite the bonding experience with Shirley and Erik! It was a funny night.

Monday morning before the Western's left we went on a walk to the park down the road. Addilyn by this point was beside herself. We assumed it was just sleep deprivation that was making her so whiny and crying. (little did we know she most likely had strep). The Western's left about 11:30am to make their way back home. A few hours later I went into labor...

No comments: