Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Last day of April

2 weeks before and 2 weeks after my due date is May. So he HAS to be a May baby. Addilyn chose to be a May baby even though she was due April 25. Tomorrow, I will be 38 weeks. After Thursday, he can come. Why? Because that day I'm doing my last grocery trip.
She just loves shoes
Before


After 

I snuck in a hair appointment this morning. I decided it was probably best to do it before this little guy comes, because it will just be a whole heck of a lot easier to manage! I tend to get my hair done about once a year...so it needed to be done.
Today we visited Alexis Jane Smith. Kayla just had her this past Saturday and came home from the hospital yesterday. I was lucky enough to be able to text Kayla for most of the day that she was in labor, getting updates and such. I felt like I was apart of it but didn't have to be there! Her sweet girl is just darling. It's a good thing I don't have to wait long to satisfy my baby hunger.
Addilyn was a natural at holding her and being around her. She desperately wanted to hold her. She was super jealous of me and kept trying to get her from me. I've said it before, but I'm smidge bit worried at how much of a "help" she is with babies. I might be defending her brother from her oodles of kisses.
I bought this doll crib from Goodwill for $5 and took a week to paint it (sand, prime both sides, paint both sides). Tonight I finally got around to sewing a little mattress in it. This is Addi's gift from her brother. It is in hopes that she will be occupied with it while I feed the babe and such. She already makes doll beds out of anything she can find. She also saw it when I was sanding it and was trying to take it from me. I thought I could get away with doing it in front of her, but she's a little smarter than I thought. I know she will love it. I also sewed her a mini boppy pillow- a replica of my boppy pillow that I use to nurse with. Again, in hopes to give her something to do while I am nursing. Sorry, no picture tonight.
1 day shy of 38 weeks
And in case you missed my belly in my hair shot, here it is. I'm trying to keep consistent with angles and poses for our baby book of my growing belly. I'm feeling a bit stretched out.

No comments: