Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Full term

When I was a wee past full term with Addilyn, I was graduating college. Here is the post from that week. Actually, the day I was full term with her my group was giving our final presentation for our ad campaign that we had created over the entire semester. I don't know why, but I volunteered to be the executive to our account and played "boss" for my group. (We beat the other team) However I did volunteer myself to sit out on that final presentation and we only had 2 present. My team thought it would be funny if I painted my belly with a big "M" on it since our mock campaign was on M&M's. hahaha....not. :)

36 weeks

Anyway- I had another Dr appointment. Seeing as how I'm down to every week now I see them a lot. There's 11 Dr's at that practice, so I rotate through most all of them. Once again, I was measuring smaller than a normal 37 week pregnant person would. However, I did grow, just not an impressive amount (2 lbs in 6 days! I think that's a lot). So my Dr was asking about Addilyn and how far along I carried her (41 weeks 2 days) and how much she weighed (8lbs 15oz). She was completely impressed how big she was since I am currently so small if I have a history of having larger babies. I quote, "Wow. You my dear hide your babies very well". Thank you, I think. I believe that is why I think he is stronger than Addilyn, because he is so compacted in there he just doesn't have the room like his sister did.

37 weeks
So now that I am 37 weeks, I'm considered full term. He can come now and be OK. Over the last couple of weeks my braxton hicks have really picked up (which I didn't think was possible). And as of the last 2 days or so they seem to be really regular and harder for them. I'm not trying to get my hopes up or anything...but it would be nice if they did turn into real contractions. Well, after my final grocery trip and hair cut, then he can come.

My beautiful girl
Addilyn has been LOVING the weather. Me too! That means lots of walks and going to parks. Since her vocab has been expanding so much lately her number 1, 2, & 3 words are "Walk?"  "park?" and "play?" This pic above is from this morning. We were waiting for a thrift store to open up that was having a sale. She's a shopper what can I say.

You've heard me mention my friend Kayla here....well she was due Saturday the 20th. Still no baby. A few months ago I had had a dream that she was late and I was there helping with her labor etc. Then I took her to the hospital and while we were there, I put myself into labor and I had our baby 1 1/2 weeks early and she was 1 1/2 weeks late. Because really, that could happen. And she would hate me if it came true. bahahahahhaa

No comments: