Thursday, April 4, 2013

34 weeks. Or is that almost 36?

Do you remember my post back in February? (here) At the bottom I gave a pregnancy update mainly me complaining about my pelvic pain. Well today, I got an even better answer why it is. My Dr's have all said that since I've had a baby already I'm extra stretchy-true. I also have always known I'm carrying this guy much more different than with Addilyn-true. The last 6 weeks or so the Dr's have said (from my perspective looking down at my belly) that his head is towards my bottom right side and his back goes up my belly and his feet are on the left-FALSE!

Today at my apt. I was measuring almost smaller than 2 weeks ago. And it seemed that baby hadn't really grown much. So the Dr wanted to be sure things were OK and had me go into an ultrasound. In the ultrasound, the tech was having a hard time even getting a glimpse of his head because it was so far down into my pelvis! She was apologizing and saying she didn't want to hurt me (she wasn't) because she was pushing on my pelvis to try and get a view of him. The tech was very positive that the reason he seemed to be measuring small was because his head was SO far down into my pelvis. That the part we though was his head was in fact his shoulder. However, it is true where his feet are- nice and squished up into my uterus. In fact, he's not measuring small at all. He was averaging 1.5 weeks ahead! According to the ultrasound he's about 5 1/2 pounds already.

I'm only 34 weeks as of yesterday. I know past 20 weeks it's hard to guess gestational age because by that point they just start putting on weight (and all babies are different sizes when they are born). So it's not always accurate what they guess past then. BUT here is to hoping and praying that he is born in fact a wee bit early!! Actually, 1.5 weeks ahead would put him exactly on Addilyn's birthday....

So back to that post about me complaining about my pelvic pain. There's your answer. Or at least a very large contributing factor to the answer. His head is so far down into my pelvis that the tech was agreeing that it very much was the cause of that pain. My mom said hopefully that means he'll also come out faster! Oh blessed day.




Photos thanks to Kayla Smith

No comments: