Sunday, July 20, 2014

4th of July!

[[Okay- so these first few pictures are not from the 4th...]]
Scott's work went paint balling again in April. They had a strict not plus ones this year. BUT they order too many paint balls (like 1/2 of what they got was left over, roughly 15 boxes full). So they organized an off the record group to go and I came! I was pretty nervous because unlike the other times I've gone, this time we were playing with those who were just at the place. That means, you could be up against kids who: 1) play all the time 2) have really nice guns that hurt and 3) are just really good. It ended up not being so bad. There was just one time that I had a close encounter with one of these guys- My glasses had fogged up and I was hunkering down trying to wipe them so I could see. The kid ran up and aimed his turbo gun at me and told me to surrender. After the game he said if I was a guy he would have just shot me point blank (10 feet away). THANK YOU GIRL CARD.
Also, I designed the shirts for Scott's work tournament. They had ordered too many so they gave a few to the workers there. Two of them were wearing them the day we came- so I asked if I could take a picture. Of course.

Our 4th of July weekend was so much fun! The Westerns pulled up late Thursday night and stayed through Sunday. On the 4th we went to Old Salem. They had a few activities outside and the kiddos really loved it. They also did one of our favorite geocaches in a tunnel. The girls were panicked but after the fact said it was the coolest.
bro/sis throwdown

Afton, Addilyn, Eila
Pretty sure that Addilyn and Eila could be twins. I always say that and probably always will. Addi is right in between Afton and Eila in age.
Olivia jumpin in the picture!

playing some games
naturalization ceremony
cuties!

The weather could not have been more perfect. It was sunny, 70's and with a breeze. We totally lucked out! Did I mention the humidity was cut in half? There was a tropical storm leading up to the weekend and the humidity was unbearable. Once that storm cleared up it was heavenly. After Old Salem we went to some awesome New York Pizza at Marios for lunch. YUM.

My kitchen helpers for dinner- Levi and Ammon.

Aunt Shirley reading a book to the girls
Scott had woken up at 5:30am to throw in our pork in the dutch oven and put it in the oven. It roasted all day on low. We had some friends over for dinner and the menu included: pulled pork on buns, corn on the cob, baked beans, watermelon, cole slaw, green beans, and lemonade. SO GOOD. Desert was a blackberry cobbler and ice cream. Scott had picked the berries himself. 

The only fireworks we did were sparklers for the girls. Addilyn wanted nothing to do with them in the beginning. After a short while though she got into them and loved it. We also sang happy birthday to Shirley (which was a few days later)



hating it




loving it


Saturday we took the Westerns to our new favorite park- Dan Nicholas! Which it seems every other post I have done lately includes that park! Everyone had SO much fun. We had wonderful weather again and everything went really well.


checking out the turtles...


The highlight probably of the whole weekend was this bear. He was just hanging out eating grass and then decided to take a swim, while we were standing on the other side of the glass! It was so neat.



Levi demolished this peach.
train ride!
Ammon and Levi

No comments: