Monday, April 26, 2010

First week of School

Scott and I on our first day of school for the spring semester.

School started last Tuesday for us at BYU-Idaho. So far we are keeping our schedules. We had some crazy scheduling with Scott's classes- but it has worked out. I also have had some bumps in the road, but so far so good!

As a refresher: Scott is majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am in Communications, emphasizing in Advertising. Scott does not need a minor, but I do. Instead of a minor I am doing 2 clusters. One is Health Science and the other (which has yet to be declared) Graphic Design.

Scott is registered for 16 credits, me with 17. We are taking an Old Testament class together with an AWESOME teacher. So I get to sit next to Scott 3 times a week in class. Woo!

This semester Scott is the chair for the ASME student section here at BYU-I. He was on the committee before, but not has the head honcho! It's an awesome resume builder, plus he gets to do what he wants to do! Scott is also in FA100, which is a fine arts class. He has to go to 13 approved events throughout the semester to get credit. In other words...I have 13 guaranteed dates.

I am taking my last practicum (you have to have 3 credits in place of an internship). I get to work with Scott with ASME creating posters and advertising them. It was a make your own practicum, work 32 hours total throughout the semester, and write a paper about it in the end. I'm down with getting credit for something I'd already be doing!

I have great news as well with my freelance work. You will have to wait until my next post to hear more. Until then! We're in class...

No comments: