Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conference Weekend

 
Thursday night after my class, my mom-Scott-and another guy, and I drove to Utah. I drove the entire way, I was already exhausted that day, so I was pooped driving down. It started snowing in Rexburg then cleared in Idaho Falls. It got kind of hairy in Salt Lake City but cleared up again. We stayed at the Hotel Whites, aka the White's house. In the morning Scott and I went to his uncle's sealing at the Oquirrh Mountain temple. It was a beautiful day.
It was a beautiful sealing. The sealer was Scott's great uncle.

The rest of the day we spent with my mom and the Whites. This picture is of Kainoa and Sam, Meleana's two boys. Such cuties! Saturday morning Scott and I took my mom to the airport and then headed to conference in Salt Lake. It was Scott's parents first time at the new conference center. Our seats were awesome!

We listened to the morning session at conference, and then Scott and I went back to Patti's for the afternoon session. Scott went to priesthood with his dad and uncle. I stayed with Patti and Karen Pierce (from my home ward in Stanwood). We had delicious chocolate cake and ice cream. Yum.

After the Saturday morning session, we met up with Scott's previous stake president from New York.
Then after the Sunday session, which we also went to, we met up with my mother-in-law's friends. They are from New York as well and was just called to be an Area 70. His daughter was also there with her boyfriend.
This is my father-in-law with my neice, Lucy. We watched the afternoon session at uncle's house. Right before we had Easter dinner, Scott and I quickly stopped by Patti's again because Kahiki and her baby were there. Ava is 4 weeks old, and just adorable as can be. I forgot my camera, but Meleana has a picture of her and me.
Here is one of the last pictures from our trip. From left to right: me, Scott, Rand, Janeal, Rachel, (Lucy on lap), and Brad. This was taken at Uncle Vernon's house after our Easter dinner.

1 comment:

Chris J said...

The truth be told: you're an amazing driver! That was a pretty hairy drive in SLC. All I wanted to do was throw up.