Monday, December 31, 2012

Tis the Season

A small portion of our wood.
These two photos are horrible. The phone that I got in replacement of my old one is terrible. I'm pretty sure it's refurbished because look at how horrible the photos are! These were taken at the mall on their carousal. Addilyn loves LOVES horses.
Our Christmas break has been an interesting one...My mom flew in from Seattle. Which was AWESOME. I hardly did any dishes which to me was my Christmas present. The first part of the week that she came we spent it mostly shopping and running around town. Then Thursday hit us. My mom and Addilyn got the stomach bug. If you saw on Facebook, then you know that it was Addi's first time throwing up. And both throw up sessions were on me. I'm officially officially a mom. They got over the bug, and then I got it on Saturday. We all decided I got it the worse. I lost count on how many times I puked....Then we thought we were fine. Until Scott got it on Christmas. His was extremely short lived though thank goodness.
The night before the flu bug came we got sushi. YUM

When my mom came, she had a connecting flight with about an hour in between landing and departure. Well, that would be fine IF your first flight wasn't 45 minutes late! She had to run through the Chicago airport to get to her connecting flight. Unfortunately her bag did not make it. It did arrive with the next flight and came the next day. When the airline worker was asking about her bag, she asked if there was anything distinct inside of it in case they had issues identifying it. My mom said, "YES! A crab!" My mom packed a frozen crab in her suitcase, which, after 28 hours in the bag, it was still very much frozen!
The night before Christmas we had our big dinner. (By this point I was feeling much better and Scott hadn't started to feel sick yet). We had the missionaries over and had a glorious ham. It truly was the best ham I've ever had and I want to remember that. Oh it was divine.
Christmas Morning
Before Addilyn had gone to bed on Christmas Eve, we had all of the the presents placed strategically behind and underneath the tree. It didn't look like we had anything. So the night before we pulled them all out. Christmas morning Addilyn was mesmerized by the presents. She immediately started peeling paper...
My early Christmas present
Addilyn was really good at opening presents
Playing with her new phone
She loves, LOVES her new keyboard. Also her fairy costume.
Showing off some of her new jammies from Grandpa and Nana
Thursday night, when everyone was through with their sickness, we had Cioppino!!! MMMMMM. It was SO good. You can see the crab that my mom brought in the pics. We had the crab, mussels, clams, scallops (which were pricey but SO stinking good) and cod. Oh it was delish. While we ate our dinner, Addilyn had already eaten hers. So we gave her a peppermint oreo cookie to distract her. It was a very good decision. 

Grandma!
Ok, so the wood pictures...If you can recall back in the spring we had our tree chopped down. Well, we have been slowly chopping it. Scott loves it, it's his work out. Over Christmas break he borrowed a few wedges and a steel hammer thing pictured below. He spent hours and hours out there. During the break he probably chopped close to a chord of wood. The hammer he borrowed broke, as you can see in the picture. He told the guy he borrowed it from he could get the handle welded together. The guy said he didn't believe that Scott broke it. Pictures or he's not a believer. Well, here it is:
I need to post photos, but, we of course had some projects we did around the house regardless of our sickness. We bought shelving for our storage room (including a fancy can rotator for food storage). Scott also put shelving into our laundry closet. Before it had 2 dinky 3 foot shelves. Now it had 3 6' shelves with some baskets and a hanger for a brooms/mops. It has been amazing. Shelving can really change the way you feel about a space. Oh it is glorious.
At the library.
She was the only kid there, aside from Scott.
The librarian loved Addilyn. And Addi loved the puppet rat she had.
One of the nights when we were all better we went to the Tanglewood Park lights. It was so great. Addi sat in my lap as we drove 5-8 miles per hour through the park looking at the lights. She kept saying "ooo!" and "petty!" (pretty) She also 'neighed' at anything resembling a horse. We didn't take pictures, but I did steal these off of google images:

Me trying to do Addi's hair before church. She pulled it out like usual.
My mom left yesterday after church. For what we had to deal with- sickness, rain, and whatever else- we had a good time. As for today, I'm finishing recovering my glider chair that my mom and I picked fabric for. We went to Bonefish Grill to spend a gift card we got. It was sooooo good. Before that we had gone to the mall to spend some more gift card money. I have one more day with Scott off of work and then it's back to the office. It has definitely been nice having him home! Addilyn will surely miss him.
Today at the mall riding her horsey.

No comments: