Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trip Part 5

Now I'm back from my shower. Here is the rest of our trip!
 So the funny part about Monument Valley is we all went for Jared. He really really wanted to go. Again, it's owned by the Navajos, so it was pricey and not well kept. We truly appreciate our government and the way that they take care of our National Parks.
 The roads were terrible. We bottomed out several times. I was also not feeling hot. If I remember right, the one below is a camel. Or maybe it was the elephant?
 Here's to you Jared and your Monument Valley!
 We stayed the night in Moab after we left Lake Powell. We hiked a loop (long long loop) that sees several famous arches. The trail was pretty intense, going on ridges and what not. And look! There's an arch in the distance behind us (pic above) These pictures are mixed up, but they basically show the same things.
 We spent two days hiking in Arches. It was really hot!!! Did I mention I was pregnant?
 Some cool steps. You'd see these now and then in the trails.
 Delicate Arch was our day 2 hike. That hike was SO hot because there was zero shade. Rebekah and I were slow and steady. We had tons of water and it came in handy.
 Below was called Fiery something.
 Landscape Arch





 This was from our hike to Delicate Arch. It was the only shade, and as you can see I made it work.

No comments: