Friday, March 11, 2011

Graduation/Jobs/Finger/Chiropractor/Pregnancy

Yesterday I got an email from the school with a schedule of graduation events. As of today, we only have 3 solid weeks of school. Then the 4th week we only have like 3 days of classes. Thursday and Friday of that last week are finals days. My only finals are in my online classes, which there are two. I don't know about Scott. Both of us have our capstone classes due sooner than finals because we have our own presentations. My feelings include: stress, relief, excitement (on many levels), anticipation, stress, and again, stress! We have a lot to do before the end. But it is in sight!! Did I mention the snow is melting?

I think realizing all of this gave Scott another kick in the pants that he needs to get a job, fast! We've been contacting everyone we can think of and applying to where those people work. The good news is that we still have a ton of people to contact and places to apply to. Last night both Scott and I were applying for jobs- him at Areva and me at Shaw (for him of course). A part of our what is fueling our hopes is that there are so many, I repeat, SO many jobs for mechanical engineers (especially entry level). This is even in a pooey economy. Last night I applied to 13 open entry level positions alone. They of course ranged from Charlotte, NC to Stoughton MA. That leads me to my other thought about our applying for work...we can go anywhere anywhere anywhere.

Scott smashed his finger in a tool drawer. I got a text one day saying, "I think I broke my finger". I replied, "Do I need to come get you." He said, "No I think I'll be okay" and I left it at that. That being said, here is his finger the day he did it and then about a week or so after.

I'm sorry I had to expose you to that. But those are his wishes.

This week I have gone to the chiropractor twice. Then I will be seeing him once a week until about 6 weeks after I deliver. I was really nervous about going because well, out of all the doctors I've seen in my life (which is a lot) I've never been to a professional back popper. That is really all he did. But I must say, I walked normally after ward. It didn't last long, but I did not waddle for several hours. It was in fact a lot easier to get around for most of the day. He even has this special table for OB patients. The front drops down to make room for bellies. It has all different levels depending on how far a long you are. For me he drops it all the way down...thanks.


As for other news, I'm still pregnant. Today puts me at 33 weeks and 4 days. Or 8 months and a week. I still have 45 days left, according to the pregnancy counter on the left of this page. However by the time you read it it may be less. So besides my back being popped, our other news is we think we decided on a name. Unfortunately, you will not know until she is wiggling outside of me (the day I dream of). Speaking of wiggling, our doctor yesterday was joking with us about how active she is. He was saying hopefully our child is not the one swinging from the lights in preschool. With our luck, she will! Aside from that she's growing and I'm growing right on schedule.


Heartburn, annoying jabs for 6 hours straight, waddling (not after the chiro!), being extremely hot, swollen hands, sleeping sitting up or with a pillow for the baby...so under my belly for support, stretching skin, an unsuppressed appetite, peeing at least twice a night, and the list could go on....will soon be over. I can't wait to meet her and instantly forget all the joys of pregnancy. I must say though, all of the things I complain about are really not bad. I'm not the extreme of any of them (well maybe the being hot part).

This funny looking mirror picture is for you dad (grandpa). I bet you never thought your massively pregnant daughter would be wearing your shirt from college. I have a couple more of your shirts with CalState Northridge on them. This is also for you because you teased me about wearing the Baseball 101 shirt!!

1 comment:

Rhiannon the Queen said...

What is scott going to school for?