Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The home stretch

Today marks one week until regular school days are done and testing days begin. Today also marks 26 days until our due date. This last Monday marked 3 years ago Scott proposed to me. (thought I'd throw that one into there)

Last night we went to Grad night, one of the free things we get to go to for graduating. The majority of the other activities we have to pay for. It was with President Clark, the head hauncho for our school. We sat next to some friends and a companion of Scott's from his mission. The highlight from President Clark's talk was from his own life experience. He talked about in August 1968 when he arrived in Southern Germany for his mission. Three days later Russia invaded Czechoslovakia. He spoke about how powerful the Soviet Union seemed to everyone. He said if anyone had told him the Soviet Union would disappear back then, that they were crazy. And so it did a few years later. He brought up the Berlin wall and the same impossible feelings of it ever going away...and yet it did. He said that those things he never thought would happen in his lifetime, did. The same is going to happen to us. In our life time, the impossible is going to happen. He referred to the things in Egypt- their leader of 30 years just going away in a matter of a couple weeks- as an example of the impossible. There are things we can't even imagine because to us, it's impossible for it to happen. He brought up how the hand of God is in everything, even the impossible.

I will be posting more pictures with the finishing of school. But here is one with Scott and his hydraulic baja. This was his capstone project for his class. They painted it last night, so there are going to be updated pictures. They are having their "open house" Thursday afternoon.
As for other news, I have mentioned above that I have 26 days until our due date. My "practice" contractions, or better known as Braxton Hicks contractions have gotten a bit more painful, lasting longer, and frequent. No, I'm not in labor. The doctor said that this was if anything great news. It's only going to make labor easier (if it can be!) I am gigantic and not fitting in a lot of my clothes. My big blue snow jacket has been the only one that can fit so far and is now difficult to zip. I bought my first maternity shirt the other weekend. I've been lucky enough to borrow or be given clothes so far. But I needed a shirt that I could present in. I hope it still fits by Monday for my presentation.
Oh yes, and for graduation- Scott is apart of our convocation (he was asked to give the opening prayer). And I get to receive the Newel K. Whitney Scholar Award for being awesome. There is only 15 people in my department that receive the award. We have to be nominated by 4 teachers and fit certain requirements. Toot toot! (me tooting my horn)

1 comment:

Chris J said...

I'm so proud of you and Scott. You are both exemplary people who set fine examples to family and friends. It's hard to believe it's been three years since I hid out behind the telephone pole across from MacDonalds to witness the occasion and to take those magical pictures. Not only are you graduating and having a baby, which is amazing, - you are also being recognized by an unbiased entity for your special talents and fine character (which I already knew & now the whole world knows!).

I'm blessed to have you for a daughter and even more blessed to be able to share these special moments with you and Scott. Thank you for your blog, thank you for being "my sweet Lori" and thank you for staying true to yourself. Congratulations on all your hard work - both of you. I love you.