Thursday, November 11, 2010

Scott's 25 Birthday

For Scott's birthday, this is what the weather man gave him. 4 inches of snow! His brother Aaron came up from Utah for the weekend. We had a birthday dinner for him Sunday night, which I didn't even bring a camera! But in attendance, we had the New York Clan: Rosario's, McGuire's, (us), then we had the Steele's, Price's, Seely's, Child's, Aaron and Marci, and the Kirkam's. It was hosted at the Kirkam's house, who are amazing. Paulette made an amazing dinner that everyone was drooling over. I made 2 pumpkin pies, an apple pie, and a pudding dessert that didn't survive. But we also had homemade eggnog that Scott did the honors of making. We had a great time.
Also on his birthday, I complete my 16th week of being pregnant...aka 4 months! We had an appointment today, which was interesting. I learned I have A- blood, which means I have to get a couple extra shots to prevent anything bad happening at birth. It's called the RH factor. Basically, when I am about 28 weeks pregnant I am going to get a shot called an Rh immunoglobulin (RhIg). If my baby is RH positive (which we won't know until birth) I will receive another shot. However if the baby is negative I don't need it. When the baby is in the womb, blood cells are too big to pass through the placenta, however antibodies are not. So if I get sensitized after this baby (please go to this link to read more) that means I develop antibodies to the RH positive antogin. If I have another baby and they are RH positive, my body would be a hostile environment for it to grow in. My antibodies would attack the baby. It's basically bad news.

I also had concerns about a cramp in my left calf, which my doctor immediately perked his ears to. He had me go right to the hospital after my appointment and get an ultrasound on my leg to make sure I didn't have a blood clot...which turns out there is none! woo! There are several other things that I learned from my appointment that I will just leave it at that. :D We also are having our next appointment a whole week earlier so we find out that much sooner what we're having! woo!!

No comments: