Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Everybody's posts for this weekend were so cute. I spent a lot of my morning reading them, and I'm sure I'll keep reading them as they come! Ours was eventful and less eventful all in one. It started off with Friday night, going to the Ottosen's for a last minute get together. I stole this photo from Jessica's blog. Rebekah also posted about that night on her blog.
That night Scott and I left at about 9ish to go to Winco and do some grocery shopping. We needed food and since there were other plans for the weekend, this was the night to do it. While we were out I started feeling really sick, like my throat was killing and I had this monstrous headache. Needless to say it was a fast but successful trip to Winco.
Scott and a partner won a design competition that ASME put on at our school! He and his partner split $100 in ones for the grand prize. Woo!


And then, if you remember last Halloween we had a pumpkin throwing with the trebushet. Well this year, they went down to ISU to compete against theirs. Scott said that there was no competition. With how many times this thing had been launched and tested, they knew exactly what settings to put on the trebushet to reach their target. They had a whole spread sheet with the data that ISU just about flipped seeing. One of the bummers is that there was no fork lift to take the trebushet down from the trailer. So they had to work with it, but still beat ISU. :D

As I started saying with Friday night, I spent my Halloween weekend sick. I went to our complex's trunk or treat for about 20 minutes to grab some chili. I watched everyone outside our window until Scott came home. Then we watched The Terminal and Minority Report. Two totally different movies, but good. We missed our friend's party due to my state and I missed church on Sunday.

However, for good new for me, today I am 15 weeks. I don't look much different from the picture I took at 13 weeks, but oh well! We have a doctor's appointment next week which means the appointment after that we'll find out what we're having!
PS the bulge in my pocket is my cell phone. :D

No comments: