Saturday, November 22, 2014

Levi the honey badger

If you know anything about honey badgers, you would know that they are completely fearless, hunger driven, and won't stop at nothing. "Honey badger don't care" has become Levi's motto. (We happen to watch a documentary about honey badgers...) Nothing will get in his way of what he wants- and yet he's adorable when he's doing it. He so sweet when he asks for more food...or for his toys....or whatever. But he won't give up. He won't stop. Maybe that explains his size???

A photo posted by Lori Smith (@lorrox29) on



Levi turned 18 months on Nov. 13. We put him in nursery at church at the beginning of November. This is how it went: we asked Addilyn if she wanted Levi in nursery with her about 30 minutes before they were going to go in. She was all for it. Super pumped. They held hands as we walked behind them and Addilyn led him to nursery. I opened the door and Levi dropped Addi's hand and busted in with no looking back. He saw the toys and cars and left. Addi on the other hand, stood at the door, and CRIED. She has NEVER cried or had any sort of issue with going into nursery for the past 18 months. Not even her first time! I'm not sure what exactly her problem was...but she hasn't had a problem since.

 Other things about Levi- He is talking surprisingly a lot. At least, he tries to say words and he has his own words for certain things. I don't remember Addi doing so much until she turned 2... He has a ton of teeth and is finally getting his canines in and the two matching ones underneath (he's got a horse bit). Levi still takes a 1 hr morning nap and 2 hr afternoon nap. When he wakes up from his nap he's always saying "mommy!!!" and when I get him he wraps his arms and legs around my neck and ribs and gives be the biggest squeeze and laughs with a sighing "mommy..." He still loves to jump, balls & cars & trains are his favorite. He recently discovered Thomas the tank engine and yells "Choo choo" at the tv if we're ever playing downstairs. He helps to clean, follows instructions like "put it in the trash", "put it in the sink", or "put it in Addi's room" and is overall just a brilliant child. Ok...get over it.
A photo posted by Lori Smith (@lorrox29) on


(we went to the zoo for Scott's birthday which was Nov. 9th)

Nursery is really the only big deal when our kids turn 18 months. Levi also of course had his 18 month appointment. He's perfect and HUGE. We already knew he was... but it's confirmed. He weighs a whopping 30.10 pounds and is the 98th percentile. WHAT!! No wonder he's such a beast to hold anymore. That's 3 of your 10 pound bags of potatoes. He's also tall, I don't remember that off the top of my head but he's somewhere in the 8-th percentile.

A photo posted by Lori Smith (@lorrox29) on


(apples and peanut butter...or just peanut butter with the occasional apple in his case)

And of course a bump update- This is the first photo I've posted of my growing belly. It's been there for awhile now. But this was really one of the rare times I got dressed so it was a decent photo. #lifeofamom This photo I'm 13 weeks. Currently I'm in my 14th and officially in my 2nd trimester. Since my first time into the DR I started taking this med called Unisom that's for sleeping. But for pregnant people, it helps with the next days nausea. It's been awesome. It wears off at night, so it's too bad for Scott who gets me all yucky feeling. But lately I've been getting better so hopefully this yuck stage is coming to a close SOON! I've also had a surge of way more energy. Which means I don't want to sleep all the time- just a few times. I get spurts here and there and my nesting is kicking in. This is what's really hard about not knowing what we're having. I want to go through and pull out baby clothes. I've got bins for Addi and Levi...now it's a matter of who's is making a comeback! Unfortunately we won't find out until after the new year. Lame.
A photo posted by Lori Smith (@lorrox29) on

No comments: