Thursday, February 13, 2014

From January to February

My lunch dates. Scott and his friend made a geo-cache one weekend and placed it just down the road from us. From the few people who've found it already, they've each already given them favorite points! That is a big deal seeing as you can only give a favorite point for every 10 or so that you find. That same day they placed it we went out to a deli (thanks to Groupon) for lunch. There were some Wake Forest students there and they thoroughly enjoyed their entertainment from Addi and Levi.
It SNOWED! And as I speak, it is snowing RIGHT NOW. This first snow is from about 2 weeks ago. Addilyn was claiming that snowmen came from the sky. Once outside I taught her how to make a snow angel. It didn't go over too well. 




Levi enjoying from his cocoon.

Post snow hot chocolate
Snow bunny
(Above) Addilyn will only get her hair done if she can do ours first. (Below) We went to a friend's birthday party. He turned 1 and we all wore mustaches. Sorry, the picture I do have of the birthday boy is blurry. He was enjoying his cake.

Chocolate mustaches
For those who are not aware, I am not a runner. However, I have secretly always wanted to run a 5k because everyone else does. I never said it before because once you say something like that, it's out there and you commit yourself to doing it. So here I am, training for my first 5k ever. And you know, it's not that bad. I did have to go pay with my left leg for real running shoes because what I was running in was killing me. Scott and I are both pretty impressed with how far I've come in just a short time. My 5k is on March 22 here in Winston-Salem.
Addi steals my phone and takes pics, here are some.
We've dedicated about 1 Saturday a month to geocaching. It's Scott's day to plan for us. Last Saturday we went to one of our favorite places, Reynolda Village. I think we did all of them that were in there. This tree below we've seen in full bloom. It's this huge magnolia tree and it's shaped like an umbrella. With it being winter and all, the shrubbery around it was down so we could go under it. We've never seen the actual tree part of it- and as you can see it is HUGE. 



We went through another tunnel to get to a cache. It was pretty anticlimactic. It didn't even have a log book. But it was fun getting down there. 


feeding himself breakfast

Another one of Addi's portraits.

(Above) Addilyn is our little ballerina. She likes to jump and twirl like one. And the other day she said for me to look, and this is what I found. Pretty impressive eh?
These pictures are from yesterday. School was canceled in the Piedmont, and there wasn't even snow. Just the prediction at about 3. Well, at 1:15 it started. And this picture above is right before Addi's nap when it was just barely starting to stick. It is still snowing. We got 4 inches yesterday and it started snowing again at 8:30am and is still going (almost noon). Scott brought home his laptop and is working in Levi's room. 
 Here is Addilyn loving the snow. Scott left work at 4 yesterday and still got home about his usual time at 5:30. He said there were cars everywhere just abandoned. And it was really backed up if you can imagine.

The story behind this picture- my phone fell out of my pocket onto Addi's bed right before naptime. An hour later I snuck in and grabbed it (by her head) while she was sleeping. I had a gazillion texts and a few phone calls. And that never happens! But she had put the do not disturb on, I'm sure by accident, and probably didn't hear any of them. She did however take several pictures and a few videos. Unfortunately the videos have no audio because she didn't say anything on them. That was disappointing. But there were several photos of what it looks like from her bed. When she woke up she was asking me for her phone and looking all over her bed. Hehehhee.

No comments: