Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lexington & Halloween

The Lexington BBQ Festival. Oh my. It was craaaazy. It's a one day event in downtown Lexington where they block off several streets. There's car shows, 5 performing stages, BMX, street sellers, and BBQ. We had been told that about 150k people come to this thing so we had prepared ourselves for the occasion. We parked about a mile away to get free parking. Addilyn clung to me and Scott carried Levi. We had so much fun, but it was very exhausting.





Brisket. mmm.

that smoke you see is jerk chicken


Addilyn helped twirl a ribbon for a kid's show. She was so cute up there. And she did exactly what she was towl.





the grandstage
We were body to body with thousands of people just to try and see Darius Rucker, Joe Nicols, and another guy for free. It was nuts. While we were waiting, Levi woke up and was hungry. So I nursed him. Set a new record for myself. Granted no one knew what I was doing because we were so packed in. Below: Addilyn made a spot for herself at our feet. All 3 performers came out and we listened to 6 songs and decided to peace out. We coudln't see a thing and we had places to be. Like getting funnel cake.



That night we went straight to our church's trunk or treat. I had packed our costumes so that we could change at the church. I made all of our costumes except for Levi's.


cake walk

fishing



Dorothy, Lion, Scarecrow, and Glenda the good witch.
And below are some more pictures of the week leading to Halloween. I hosted our playgroup the 30th. I had another friend come and help out for when I needed to go feed Levi or put him to sleep.


Dang Costco...

I had Cinderella playing while we waited for her friends to come over. This is what it looked like before I turned it off. Bahhhhhahahaha...I thought it was so cute.


Action shot of Addi falling...


I organized a large playgroup Halloween party. We have 3 play-school co-op groups and so all of us combined for this party. We had darling snacks, decor, crafts, and games.





Halloween night. Scott took Addi door to door. She had so much fun and was great at saying Trick-or-treat and thank you! I stayed home and answered the door. We only got about 30 kids.


More leaves...

This picture is from today. What handsome boys I have. Lately whenever I go out and Scott has both Addi and Levi, he is always praising me when I get home. Like tonight I went to take a meal to a friend who just had a baby and he said when I got back, "I think I just burned 500 calories in the 45 minutes you were gone. I would be a stick if I stayed at home with them." It's nice to be appreciated every so often, so I told him I should leave more. :)

No comments: