Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Oh hey, it's June.

Adjusting to two kids is definitely an experience. Especially since I didn't let myself rest when Scott was here off work. I was a wee bit sore for the first week of being a solo mom with two. That meant our walks were waaaay shorter and I did a lot of sitting play time. I surprised myself with hardly watching any movies with Addilyn like I thought I would resort to. I also cooked dinner and managed naps really well. The first week with just me was also good because we got fed by awesome people in our ward Monday and Wednesday. And my friend Karen took Addilyn to the park on Tuesday with her daughter Addison. That was a wonderful day. I slept while they were gone. And when Addi came back, I fed her lunch and put her down for a 2 hour nap. I then once again, napped. Oh it was great. Addilyn needed a way to get rid of energy that I wasn't able to help do.
 [the above was written a few days ago]
always wanting to hold her little brother
It seems I don't have the energy to do my blog lately...go figure! Tuesday I did my first grocery trip with the babes. It was a success. I do my grocery shopping once a month and then only go to Costco in between for milk and fresh stuff. So until next time, I'm free of grocery shopping :).
this is how we do walks
we all do tummy time
she discovered the control panel
first bath together. ever since then she only wants to bathe with "Weevi"

I used to complain about Levi sleeping so long at night...and I knew it was going to change. I only complained because I was very ready to feed him if you catch my drift. But now he is happily eating every 2 hours. For the most part I can go to sleep in between. However there have been a few nights where he and I stay up because of his gassyness. We are still trying to figure out what combination works best. I can't figure out if he sleeps hot or cold, if he sleeps better swaddled or not.
favorite meal: pasta
sweet boy with his eyes open. they were closed for the first 2 weeks
Since we don't have a pool or easy access to one, we do our own thing. I invited my neighbor Valarie over with her daughter and a boy she was babysitting on Friday. She got a picture of them all, these are only later in the day after her nap. I set up the slide, pool, and sprinkler. When the others were over, Addilyn was more interested in watching them and rocking Levi in his car seat where he was hanging out.

post-splash smile
singing and shaking her hips
my cute little girl
Scott dug a big hole under our deck. A few weeks before Levi was born, we had water coming up into our bath tub. Called the plumber, fixed that problem by digging a hole in front of the deck. But I told them to leave it so that Scott could finish fixing a few things. Well, we noticed water leaking into that hole from the ground. After further investigation, it was the water main that had sprung a leak. So we replaced the section under our deck. After talking to our neighbor, the people before had replaced the section in the yard. Why they didn't just do the whole thing? I don't know.
The green spot is Scott
Addilyn was such a good helper. This is really a big part of what Scott did while he was off work to be home with me. He kept Addilyn the whole time and she worked and played in the yard.

No comments: