Saturday, June 15, 2013

Handsome

Handsome is an understatement when it comes to Levi. He's got these perfect smooching lips (for mommy only, well, I take that back. For Addilyn too. He has no choice.) And even though he's suffering from a little baby acne on his cheek and nose, he still has this beautiful complexion. 
Levi's only challenge in life right now is his sister. So far he is surviving her love attacks. The other week I had to try and teach Addilyn what breathing was and it was important that we let everyone breathe, including Levi. Well, that lesson has yet to stick. And it's hard for me to not display any frustration or anger when Addilyn is giving Levi love to the point of him crying. I don't want to give her the wrong idea about her loving him, I just want to keep both parties happy. For example, she is always ripping out his pacifier when he's nice and content. Why does she do this you ask? It's so she can kiss his lips. So how can I get at Addilyn for making him cry by removing his pacifier to only kiss him? Ah. See the pickle I'm in?!
Hanging out in the back of the van waiting for dad to get off work.
Levi turned 4 weeks/1 month this past week. And on that day I had a dentist appointment. I had a friend come over with her daughter Hailey to watch both Addi and Levi. Ashley said everything went really well. Addilyn shared all of her toys really well. When they left Addilyn was so upset. She really loved her playtime.


4 week old bod shot
in all her cuteness
To our walks to the park we are still trying to figure out the best way to transport. Our bike stroller has been awesome. But the other day I tried just having Addilyn walk and I carried Levi in the bjorn. It went really well on the way there. But the way back took for.ev.errrrrrr. 

We had a storm the day before and there were sticks all around. So Addi took her sweet sweet time to pick them all up. The walk to the park to about 20 minutes (which normally without her walking would take about 5-8.) The way home took nearly 40 minutes. Ugh. I was done. I'm not complaining or anything because it was nice and cool and not humid. But my shoulders were getting tired of holding Levi.  

Addi has a cold. First her nose was runny, and this morning she woke up with it being stuffy. I went to Target with just Levi and asked the pharmacy if they had any decongestant for 2 year olds. Unfortunately they don't make things like that. So all of her suggestions we already had. Poor girl. During the day she deals pretty well. But it's those darn naps and bedtimes when she has no distraction that she remembers she doesn't feel very well. And now Levi has a few extra boogers in his nose that he'd prefer to not have. Oh germs.  
The past month or so every Saturday Addi hangs out outside with Scott while he does yard work. She is a great helper and when she's not helping dad, she's occupying herself with her toys or whatever she finds to do. It's so great because it allows me to do things in the house without having to fend for Levi at the same time. He has some alone time and can lay on the floor without his sister nearby :) Our neighbor came over this evening and she was saying how her husband was loving watching Addi today while he mowed his lawn. (they've got about an acre of just grass and he was on his riding mower for a couple hours) He mentioned how he thinks it's so great that every Saturday she gets to hang out all day with her dad. I think it's pretty great too. 
I had planted bulbs last year and these are the first to come up and bloom. I have more bulbs that have come up and are waiting to bloom later in the summer. Unfortunately this lily was the only one to survive. But it is beautiful!

No comments: