Thursday, June 14, 2012

As of late

So much has changed in the last few weeks. First off, many of the people that Scott and I became friends with when we moved here last year have moved! Since we live right by the Wake Forest Baptist Hospital, we have tons of med students in the area. Our ward at church has many families who are going to school (not just as med students). Within the last month or so there have been/will be about 8 families leaving. It has been so great getting to know them all, but I am definitely bummed with a few that I got closer to. BUT with people leaving, means more are coming. Already I have become fast friends with....another Smith! That's right. There were 2 new Smith families that moved in. One of whom I'm helping host her baby shower.
At the park!
As for other changes, Addilyn is WALKING. I mentioned in my last post, but wow. She decided one day that she could keep going instead of walk a few steps and plop. She has great balance and everything. Other updates include her pointing to her nose when I ask where her nose is. That one she learned today actually.
trying to walk Cabo
We also snipped the binky! Monday night we finally did it. I am pretty sure the weaning is harder on me! Mostly because she only used it when she was napping or going to sleep at night. So her naps are now her screaming until she calms herself down enough to fall asleep. Before with the bink she would just suck on it and fall asleep quietly. Ugh. I'm hoping she'll get better in the next week with it.
Not getting too far with Cabo
Addilyn has also been cutting more teeth. The past week and a half she has been a snot face. She currently has her two front bottom, two front top, and one to the left on top that have cut all the way through. Her right on top and left & right on bottom are under the surface making their way. BLEH. She is quite funny when she uses her teeth to cut her cheerios in half though.
My most favorite hats of these are the bottom three. The orange one is definitely the Cat in the Hat type. I found these at JcPenny's while waiting for Scott who was talking to someone. I couldn't help myself. Really???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the hats!!! And I'm just really glad awesome people like us moved into the ward to make the others moving out less heartbreaking ;) I really wish I wasn't going to miss the baby shower! I've never been to one! haha - but seriously.