Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Team Skins

Who would have ever thought to be on a paintball team and be called "skins". Not to mention the fact that I was on the team. First and probably last time I'll ever been on a team named that!
two members of our team are not photographed because they weren't in costume.
It was Scott's idea to wear the white shirt and tie. Everyone else was in camo or something more suitable for hiding. They all laughed at us...even the first team we were against they were the most decked out in camo. We beat them. I think only one member on our team got shot. After that we won most all of our games except for the needed ones for us to advance.
my right arm, one of 2 welts
The whole reason why I was able to go was because Scott's work had originally scheduled the paintball outing on Friday, but switched it to Saturday. After the day switch, tons of people couldn't make it. I was 1 of 4 girls out of the 100's of men.
When this first happened, it blistered right away. It was nasty.

His peck. He had like 3 in this area.
Scott ended up with 18 welts. Me, 2. You might be thinking like my brother it was because I was hiding...but really no. The other times I got hit it was my gun. I got bunker tagged once because I had no ammo left. Otherwise I hardly got hit. I think out of the 18 games we played I got shot 4 times, bunker tagged once. It was reported that I shot Scott's boss in the neck. We had a great time. A lot of good stories of ambush, kamikaze, a "Will Smith" move, no ammo....
One of his arms.

1 comment:

Melissa S. said...

Okay, that just looks painful. PAINFUL!!!!! But yay for you for not getting hit that many times. Maybe the REALLY thin white shirts weren't THAT good of an idea......maybe padded snow coats next time?