Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rice Cereal

For the record: I personally wanted to nurse Addilyn until she was 6 months old. From everything I have studied at school and learned from doctors, it is prime to solely nurse until 6 months of age. However, my little girl had alternative plans. She has been fascinated by food for quite some time. She studies us as we put the fork in our plates and then to our mouths. She mimics us and opens her mouth when we "tease" her. So as mentioned in a previous post about her last doctors appointment, it's been pretty much a green light for her to start eating some real food. So just 3 days shy of being 5 months old (wait...she's almost 5 months? when did that happen???) she officially had her first meal of rice cereal. Scott was so stinking excited to feed her. The video below captures her very first time. I apologize for the terrible camera work, but I was watching her, not the video.
Addilyn was wanting the food to be non stop (like when she nurses) and she wanted to keep sucking (like when she nurses). So she was trying to suck on her hand, her bib, the spoon...and then eat in between. It was very cute watching her. She's a natural at eating like her mom and dad.






She kept moving around in excitement so the pictures are also not that great...my baby is growing up!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Addilyn is getting so big! Well, she is actually still really small and long and cute (like Annelise), but 5 months? Wow! I want to see her again!

I actually already started Annelise on rice cereal mixed with breast milk because it helps her to stay fuller and sleep better. She is NOT a good sleeper and I feel exhausted all the time. So! She is already (at a week shy of 4 months) eating rice cereal once a day. She loves it! And it helps. Other than that, she is still nursing up a storm.

Chris J said...

Cute, cute pictures. I especially enjoyed Scott's burp!

BTM said...

This video is priceless; she is adorable! I cant' believe she is 5 months already, time does fly! Brian and I cannot wait to see you guys and play with her soon! :)

Jess and Travis... said...

ADORABLE!