Thursday, January 27, 2011

27, trip, pregnancy, school...

 Me at 27 weeks a like 3 days. It's hard to believe that I'm in my last trimester a few days shy of 7 months. I've had to take my wedding ring off because my hands swell too much to keep it on. I can't sleep unless I have my body pillow. The other night Scott was watching her move around and I started to laugh-which made my belly button shoot all the way out. It grossed me out and I kept laughing, because when I stopped it went back in. It was tooooo weird!!
 When I was home I was reminded that it was our flooding season. Yes, western Washington has a flood season. It was unseasonably warm while I was there (it might of hit the 60's) which was only worse for the floods. Monday was MLK day and mom didn't have school. So we left in the morning to our favorite breakfast spot Fays out in the country. Well, we forgot that the last little bit of the drive was in the farmlands where it's flooding. We stopped here, then convinced ourselves to go. (we're so dumb!) Mind you our convincing statement was when we could still see the road markings under the water, since it was dirty water we figured it wasn't very deep. Well, we didn't think about how far we'd have to drive in this, around the bend for quite a while. At the end we couldn't see the lines any more. Finally we got out of it and pulled up to Fay's only to find it was CLOSED!! Instead of turning around we went on to the freeway which was about a mile away. Again, another water over roadway sign, but it was nothing compared to what we had just gone through. We ended up eating at Denny's on the other side of the freeway and then continued our shopping spree all day.
After my trip to Washington, I stayed at Brian and Mariah's house for the night. I won in Scrabble (amazing). The next day before my trip from Boise to Rexburg we spent the majority of it at the library, all so I could get my homework done. LAME. But it was really neat seeing my cute little nephew Jaxson!

No comments: