Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My awesome birthday

Our $25 pool got soooo much use
I turned 26 on June 23. The weekend leading up to my b-day, which was a Tuesday, we went to Dan Nicholas Park with some of our BFF's the Pettit's. We have never done the gem mining there and it was so much fun. The kids loved searching for treasures. Too bad we didn't do it right though. They give you buckets of sand filled with different gems and stones that you have to pick out. We thought we were just supposed to use our hands which was hard! No one was there to tell us what to do so we just made it up. It wasn't until the very end we found the pans that you're supposed to sift through. 

holding their gems!
first train ride!
(looks like a still from a movie)
Our newest stroller which we LOVE and WORSHIP
Snow White walked around the entire game and they loved her, especially Levi.
Saturday night the Dash had a double header. It was blistering hot until this storm rushed through. Literally the moment they finished rolling out the canvas the rain and wind stopped. When it started we had just made it under the cover. It blew straight through like a tunnel under the stands. and I mean blew! Those guys aren't laying down for kicks and giggles, the canvas was dragging them. It cooled down and it was much more bearable after that!

Ryder's first baseball game out of the womb

 Scott took Tuesday, my actual birthday, off of work. I think it's a great tradition. We picked up my free sandwich from Firehouse Subs and went to Bolton pool. Scott went off the highest platform. They only opened them for a short time and this was the first time we'd been there when they were open. We went to dinner and after got myself my free frogurt. Our kids think birthdays are the best! (and they ARE!) I love spring/summer birthdays! We get to do my favorite things....baseball, swimming, and eating!
(back-dated post, written 8/9/15)

No comments: