Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Day

my life. heavenly (usually)
On May 1st, Levi took his first steps. I was SHOCKED. I say that because he just didn't seem like he was going to and didn't share thaaaat much interest. Usually babies like to hold onto your fingers and walk along with you- well not Levi. I would force him to do it once or twice. He had been standing on his own for quite some time now, like a month or so. What he would normally do was stand about 5 feet in front of me. I'd hold my hands out to try and encourage him to walk to my hands. Instead he would fall to the floor, crawl to me, and then stand up. Well, 4:50 pm on Thursday, May 1st, Levi did not fall right to the floor and crawl to me. Nope. He took 4 steps. Straight up. I about flipped. I was thinking maybe it was just a fluke and tried it again. He did it, again. I immediately text Scott something like, "LEVI JUST TOOK STEPS WHAAAAT" at the same time I'm telling Levi he did it a half hour too soon! Dad wasn't here yet!! Do you understand my shock?
FLIRT
As for other news.... I had my first experience with dealing with a major crime incident with Addi. It was morning. I was in the kitchen with Levi getting him situated to eat- you know strapped in with cheerios and cup of milk to occupy himself until I could assist feed him real food. I had told Addilyn to go use the bathroom before she came out to the kitchen. She was quiet for a while, which honestly, is not unusual. I also had told her to change out of her jammies and she's usually pretty quiet doing that. After a while I asked her what she was doing. She said she was cleaning. Ok...well, maybe when I told her earlier that we were going to clean her room she decided to get a head start??? I told her good job and left it at that. A few moments later I finally got in there and saw this...
Addilyn in the past has helped me spot clean the carpet. Unfortunately, she decided to spot clean the carpet with cream medicine (an expensive kind....). Her well intentions were there. Ugh. I just took a breath and went over to Addi with a baby wipe and wiped her down. I noticed some blue on her foot and didn't think much of it. Until later. I went into the bathroom and on the white floor was blue permanent marker. I have never never had a problem with Addilyn coloring on anything but paper. I think she's too scared to do it. Then I realized, Oh! That must be where the blue on her foot came from! Yup. There were a few more lovely incidents that happened during the day. I was so confused as to what happened to my perfect child...then I realized she didn't sleep well the night before.
perfection
 Levi has some of the most entertaining expressions. Here we are at the library. He's a go-getter-not-afraid-of-crowds kind of kid. He also appears to know when to shake his shakers during the songs.
These girls are twins, 2 months younger than Levi. Levi had fun with them...but them not so much with him. He was a little handsy.

LOVE this picture

I walk!
He still only does a few steps at a time and is getting better and better. I'll let you know when he's a full fledge walker.
Ok, I couldn't resist putting this photo in. Don't worry- he did NOT get kicked! I know, it totally looks like it. Right after I took the picture I had to double check with him that he was okay. But he didn't get wacked at all!

The title of this post "May Day" is for two purposes. One, he walked on that day. And two, I was practically crying mayday on the inside when I saw the mess on the floor from Addilyn.

No comments: