Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Starting off

New Years Eve we went to the Children's Museum. I was pretty excited that Scott could finally come! This was mine and Addilyn's 7th or 8th time coming. And Scott very much agrees that it's pretty cool.

Love

Levi's 2nd time, this time more alert :)

Checking out


It was pretty fun, they had a "Happy Noon Year" for all of the kids. You know, so they could celebrate the New Year without having to stay up until midnight. So we all gathered in a small auditorium and danced and counted down until 12 noon. Addi was not quite sure what was going on, but she had fun!
(I think those are for the kids dad)

New Years Eve we played games with some friends of ours, the Dalrymples and one of the boys. On New Years Day Sean and Jared went with us to Tanglewood Park to do some (you guessed it) geocaching! It was a beautiful chilly day. We saw so many deer- or as Addi says "Reindeer". They blended right in. Addilyn loves Jared (aka Jerry to Addi) and he's a pretty awesome kid. I think we found about 5 caches that day.

Addilyn was so gutsy! She said "Touch them" and went right up to them and tried to touch them. They of course ran away. But she kept saying "Come HERE!" to them. It was pretty darn cute.
Out of all the times that I have to get after Addi for killing Levi...ok not really....but you know... She does have her sweet sisterly moments a lot. She loves to read to Levi, and I think he likes it too! When he's upset she tries to help him by giving him a toy or his pacifier. Speaking of his pacifier...she also likes to hide them. There was one that went missing a while ago and I found it the other day when I went to put my tennis shoes on. It was sitting right in there. Another place? She stuck it in between the changing pad and sheet that goes on it. OR the time when she sticks it under what used to be her bed. OR when she puts it in a purse that she's playing with, or a cubbard, or she just throws it far from him...that girl. We only had two and finally both went missing and we couldn't find them and we had to buy another pack. We found one (in my shoe) but still haven't found the other original.
This sweet boy. For Christmas and New Years he got his wish...his two front (bottom) teeth. The first tooth wasn't so bad. I had suspicions a week or so beforehand that something was going to make its way in. Then one day I saw something and there was a sharp little guy sticking out. This last tooth was not so fun. His sleeping has been thrown off and it probably doesn't help that he's in a different room now. But he would spend his day grouchy and he's got this really awesome high pitched scream that just rings in your ears. Eh. But I think he's finally over that tooth and onto a cold that his beautiful sister passed on. Addilyn's is definitely lasting longer though.
Some other updates about this handsome guy- He's on his way to crawling. I'd give it another month or so before he's actually considered crawling. Right now he just throws himself from sitting to being on all fours, and then makes his way into a modified plank and then to his belly. Levi is definitely mobile in the sense that he rolls himself around to where he wants to go. But right now he's working on his upper body strength. I just can't believe he'll be 8 stinkin months next week. I mean really? I'm pretty sure I went to bed last night and he was this tiny little newborn and I woke up and he's huge.
All dressed up and no where to go.

This morning, right after he spit up on me. I forgive you.
Scott's cousin and his family moved here to Winston-Salem a couple weeks ago. They've got this cute little girl and Addilyn is just elated that she has a cousin here. Brisa will be 2 in March. They came over Sunday night for dessert and then today we (Brytanni her mom, Brisa, me, Addi, & Levi) went to the library and then to lunch.
They are two peas in a pod. I was telling Scott that it's so great that they play well together. And Scott replied, "You mean that it's good that since Addi is bossy that Brisa just does what she says?" Yup, pretty much.

No comments: