Wednesday, January 30, 2013

25 weeks

Today marks 25 weeks. And what did we do? We got to see our little boy via ultrasound again! He is quite the mover. And once again, just like Addilyn, no good profiles or facial shots. He either had his arms waving up in his face or he would move it in such an angle that we could only see the down side or some weird shot. Don't worry, I have been taking pictures, I just choose to not upload them out of laziness. But I figured 25 weeks is some kind of milestone right? Two years ago the day I turned 25 weeks, it was also the first day of of my last semester of school. Here is the post of a rather exposed belly. I think I am starting to level out. Meaning my belly now is starting to look similar to what it did with Addilyn size-wise. I definitely started showing earlier this time and was worried I was going to be gigantor in no time.

Scott came to my apt. this morning because it was an ultrasound and I had to get blood drawn (took my gluco-test). I thought it might be easier having him handle Addilyn between those two procedures. Afterwards Scott had a moment of, well, I don't know. I think he started having flashbacks and reliving my labor/delivery with Addilyn and was starting to sweat. This time it will be different in the fact we won't have our awesome doula Linda. So then he started thinking about how loooooong my labor was. (refresher...28.5 hours) He and Linda were pushing on my knees to help alleviate my back labor for close to 15 hours of that. Scott basically was panicking that my labor/delivery was going to go the same and was questioning if we had a birth plan ready again, if we've asked the dr's all the right questions, etc etc. I just keep trying to remind him that this labor should (shooting for) 1/4 of the time it was with Addi...so like 7 hours (max I hope). From beginning to end. I guess Scott just hasn't been as involved this time as he was with Addilyn so it just sort of hit him all at once! But it was a very good reminder that I do need to revisit the old birth plan and start actually asking the dr's questions about their process.

And by the way, as a fun fact- when I was pregnant with Addilyn, all of my sister-in-laws were also expecting. Granted, I was due first that year, then a month later Charlie Meldrum came, then in the fall came a Western and a Jadwin, then lastly Busby. This pregnancy, so far it's me first again, then a Meldrum, then a Jadwin.....and now we are just waiting for the announcements of a pregnant Western and Busby family. Oh family...

No comments: